Folic Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Pyridoxal-5 Phosphate and Vitamin D3 Tablets are used to treat iron, folic acid and vitamin B12 deficiencies, especially during pregnancy, as these commonly result in anaemia. Anaemia refers to low blood counts, where there is a reduced amount of haemoglobin in the blood cells.
Folic Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Pyridoxal-5 Phosphate and Vitamin D3 Tablets contain L Folic Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Pyridoxal 5 Phosphate and Vitamin D3. This tablet works by enhancing the production of red blood cells and haemoglobin, thereby correcting anaemia and anaemic states.
- Folic acid is also extremely important for the normal functioning of the nervous system and aids the development of the foetal brain. It is an important ingredient required for the production of blood.
- Cyanocobalamin is essential for DNA synthesis and is hence vital in the production of healthy blood cells and also in providing for foetal growth and development. Vitamin B12 also helps prevent any neural tube defects.
- Pyridoxal-5 Phosphate is a form of pyridoxine (Vitamin B6), which is also very useful in the production of red blood cells.
- In addition, this tablet promotes normal functioning and strength of muscle cells.
- Vitamin D3 is an active form of Vitamin D, which increases the production of carrier proteins responsible for mobilising calcium ions from the gut into the body, replenishing its stores. It also activates bone-producing cells (osteoblasts) and reduces urinary loss of calcium from the body.
Directions For Use
- Usually taken Orally.
- Take the prescribed dose at the same time each day.
- Swallow it as a whole with water.
- Don’t break, crush or chew it.
- Please take Folic Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Pyridoxal-5 Phosphate and Vitamin D3 Tablets in the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor based on specific medical conditions.
- Keep it away from sunlight.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Consult your doctor before this tablet intake as it may interact with anti-TB drugs (isoniazid), Vitamin D analogues, antiepileptics (phenytoin, carbamazepine), diuretics (bendroflumethiazide, chlortalidone and indapamide), etc.
- Caution is advised while taking alcohol and caffeine with Folic Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Pyridoxal-5 Phosphate and Vitamin D3 Tablets as it may affect bone and blood health.
- Avoid dairy products such as milk and cheese with this medicine as they also contain Vitamin D and there may be an interaction.
- Consult your healthcare physician before using this tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding or even if you are trying to get pregnant.
- Loss of appetite
- Weight Loss
- Feeling sick
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How does this tablet work?
It works by enhancing the production of red blood cells, increasing their oxygen-carrying capacity and promoting the growth and development of fetal cells.
I suffer from inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Can I take this tablet?
It may cause a gastric disturbance. Therefore, it should be used with caution if you are suffering from intestinal disorders. Please consult your physician in case of any concerns.
Can folic acid make you sleepy?
Yes, folic acid will make you sleepy because its supplementation helps an individual to get vitamin B9 in the body which helps patients to attain a good quality of sleep.